Friday, February 11, 2011

Visit to Cloud Elementary


Millie and I made our way through the slush and snow to Cloud Elementary Friday afternoon. We visited with the 1st graders about clouds, low and high pressure, and showed the big weather balloon that I take to almost every classroom I visit. Millie was happy because the students had a bag of Beggin' Strips as a way of showing their appreciation for her visit. The students presented me with a Cloud Elementary shirt and I was accepted into the Honor Club.

Winter must be wearing thin on most people because when I asked the kids who liked snow, only about 1/4th of the kids raised their hands. That's not very common.

Big changes are taking place in the weather pattern for next week and we will see a shift to the warmer side of things. Afternoon highs in the 60s and 70s look likely by Wednesday and Thursday. Goodbye snow, but will it be back this year? Maybe a little.

No comments:

Blog History