Monday, June 11, 2012

Motorcade follow up


My proof of meeting the President finally came in the mail a few days ago and I thought I should share it with you since I discussed the motorcade experience in my last entry. This will be one of the most fascinating things I'll do in my lifetime, and I'm still working on compiling my pictures and the emails exchanged leading up to that day. There were 6 primary drivers in the motorcade, but two alternates in case something were to happen (i.e. sickness, injury, etc)

We had some storms Sunday evening (June 10) in southcentral Kansas and a viewer sent us a StormShot that I thought was worth sharing again. Technology advances with the KWCH app and cell phones has led to a dramatic increase in the number of pictures that we get during and after storm events. We can't possibly use them all on the air, but it is fun to sort through them to see how the storm pictures match up with the reports we receive through the event. Let's hope for more rain soon. We need a big system to approach from the west coast, and it will be awhile before we see that happen again.

No comments:

Blog History