Friday, September 1, 2017

September outlook

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day weekend. I'm amazed at how fast the summer flew by, but fall is my favorite time of year, so I'm looking forward to the new month and the changes we'll see in the weather soon.

What does September have in store?
First, the averages:

  • Normal High (September 1) - 88
  • Normal High (September 30) - 76
  • Normal Rainfall (Wichita - 3.14", Salina - 2.70", Dodge City - 1.67", Goodland - 1.22")
I don't expect we will see anymore long stretches of hot weather this summer. We have a good understanding on what will happen with the first week of September. Much cooler weather arrives next week, with highs in the 70s/80s. 

Week of Sep. 11: Temperatures will be near normal (mostly 80s) and I don't think we will see very much rain during this particular week. The main jet stream is back north of Kansas and I don't think we will see any big systems coming through here. 


Week of Sep. 18: I'm expecting temperatures to stay in the 80s with some potential of decent rains across the Plains. The pattern looks more active and most of our September rains will likely come in the 2nd half of the month.

Last week of September: We should continue to see chances for scattered rainfall during the week. Temperatures will stay near normal with highs close to 80. 

No comments:

Blog History