Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Millie as a Model?

If you've been keeping up with the blog lately, Millie and I had a modeling session last week for Goodwill. Yes, there were other guys there so it made it a little easier to walk down the aisle. I definitely lack model skills, but I sure gave it my best. Millie stole the show though as she modeled some of the dog clothes that Goodwill makes. They have safety vests and all kinds of clothes that would look good on dogs. Millie's fan club is growing and she handles the attention so well.

The severe weather has been keeping us busy in the storm center. Sunday was especially crazy with the brief tornado touchdown here in Sedgwick county. The meteorologists at the National Weather Service think the tornado was "skipping" (meaning it was touching the ground, then it lifted, and then it came back down to the ground). Fortunately, if it had been on the ground for too long, we could've had some serious, widespread damage. The tornado received an EF-1 rating on the Enhanced Fujita Scale. I'm attaching another picture of a shelf cloud that moved through the area Sunday evening. What I love about this picture is that you can see the intense rain and wind on the left side of the picture, but on the other, the weather just looks cloudy and quiet. The flooding has been bad too over the last few days and we really need some dry weather. Maybe western Kansas will get some beneficial rain in the coming days.

Finally, I had a school visit on Tuesday. I visited Jefferson Elementary school where I had a chance to visit with the 4th graders about severe weather. They had some really good questions for me. Maybe I'll get to visit again next year. Have a great week.

1 comment:

your favorite doctor said...

You're the true model! Isn't it about time for your prostate exam?

Blog History