Monday, June 21, 2010

AMS Conference 2010

I'll be attending the American Meteorological Society Broadcast Conference in Miami later in the week. There will be several meetings covering everything from global warming to how we cover severe weather on television. Several scientists and meteorologists from across the country will gather in Miami to present research they've conducted on various topics. The National Hurricane Center is located in Miami, and we'll spend one day touring the facility and meeting the staff that is gearing up for what is expected to be a big season. Hurricane season officially started on June 1st and continues through October. The initial forecast is calling for 3-5 major hurricanes.

I'll be blogging about my Miami trip, so look for updates late in the week. It will be an educational trip for me, and a chance to meet broadcasters from all around the country. I'm sure there will be a few thunderstorms while I'm there, so I won't feel too disconnected from Kansas. And Millie will be well taken care of while I'm gone. Have a great week and stay cool.

No comments:

Blog History