Friday, December 12, 2014

Millie's calendar is complete & stormy weather in our future

Feels good to know it's Friday, but if you haven't started your Christmas shopping yet, time is running short. The rush is on and I really need to get my shopping done this weekend. I wish everyone were as easy to shop for as Millie. By the way, because pictures A and C received an overwhelming majority of votes, here is how the cover of the calendar turned out.

Some of you have asked where you can buy a Millie 2015 calendar, but the truth of the matter is... we aren't selling any. I simply decided to do one for my wall at home. We have talked about making a calendar and having the proceeds go to help some of the smaller animal shelters, but for now, this is the only one being printed. I do appreciate everyone voting (I hope I didn't ruin your day)

The weekend storm continues to move toward Kansas. Still looks like cloudy weather with some fog taking us into the weekend. The rain will arrive Sunday morning in western Kansas, and then spread east as we move into Sunday afternoon. I'm still thinking 0.25-.50" for most of the state, but there are areas north of I-70 that could get a little bit more. And because we are so mild for December, the wintry side of this storm will be limited. Some snow is expected in northwest Kansas, with an inch or two not out of the question.
Potential weekend rainfall amounts
Sunday night - early Monday
Heavier snows are likely to fall in northeast Colorado and up into Nebraska. Traveling northwest early next week might present some challenges, so be sure to check the conditions.

Next week will be interesting too. A VERY active weather pattern will continue to send storms our way. This seems to fit with an El Nino winter that is evolving over the Pacific. California is getting rain again and we could have a very wet storm arriving Thursday of next week. Forecast models continue to keep much of the cold air in Canada, so I'm expecting next weeks storm to produce mainly rain again, but western Kansas could get snow. It's just less than a week away, so there are plenty of opportunities for the forecast to change some, but we continue to see a pattern with limited cold air. And that's why I think it could be a rain producer rather than snow. But check back in with us later in the weekend and next week. 

No comments:

Blog History