Sunday, October 26, 2008

First Freeze

Our first frost/freeze is right on schedule for most of the area. Anyone suffering from allergies is probably ready for the relief that comes with the colder temperatures, but now we have to face the realization that we are headed into winter. As I get older, I realize why my folks were so bummed about cold weather and snow, but there isn't much we can do other than look forward to next spring.
I spent Saturday afternoon at the KU/Texas Tech game (or bloodshed maybe a better descriptor). It was hard to stay focused on the game after it was apparent that KU wasn't going to come out victorious. At any rate, it was great to be back in Lawrence to see the campus again and I'm just amazed at the fall color that dots the landscape. They've made so many changes to the campus since I left that it almost makes you feel old.

Sunflower Showdown is coming up next weekend. Post your guess to the outcome of that game on the blog and lets see how you do. I'm guessing that KU will win because of the home field advantage, so I'll say KU 27 KSU 14. The switch to HD is coming this week. Look for it Tuesday. Have a great week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not ready for the freeze but I guess we have to kill off the bugs every once in a while.

I am going to say KU 28 KSU 21.

Anonymous said...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

I'm going to say KU 28 KSU 14.

J :)

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna go with KSU on top. 35-24. Should be an exciting game for both sides... go wildcats!

Anonymous said...

When is Millie going to be on HD? Can't wait!!!

-El

Anonymous said...

HD!! Cool!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean regarding campus changes making you feel old...I feel the same way about Friends University every time I drive by it.

On another note, I manage an assisted living center in town and have had several residents ask me about the HD switch. They are concerned they need to be doing something during this conversion. Should I be giving them any advice in this area?

I couldn't even begin to guess on the game scores...

Angie

Blog History