Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sunflower Blowout

The Sunflower Showdown comes and goes and it was quite a blowout from the Jayhawks. I was sure surprised at the final score, but being a KU Alumni, I am excited about the win. It keeps the rivalry going and with basketball season coming, I'm sure K-State fans are looking for an upset during hoop season.

The switch to HD has finally passed for us here at KWCH. It's been very stressful, but we are happy to have the new look on the air and we've had great feedback so far. I don't know how many of you have HD TV sets yet (I don't), but I've seen the new picture on an HD screen here at the station and it is really amazing. The scary part is that you can see all the fine detail in our faces, but hopefully you're not just watching for that. Next time you see Millie in HD, you'll be able to count the hair on her back.

I spent some time with my nephew this last week. Wade continues to grow and now, there's teeth. He has 6 of them with more coming through each week. Who needs a Wii for entertainment when you have a laundry basket and an uncle that will push you around the kitchen? It sure is fun to watch him giggle and laugh.

No big changes in the weather for the next few days. Enjoy this summer/fall like weather.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! I bet you are a great uncle! :)

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! What a game!! The weather was so beautiful and the campus is perfectly set for fall!

Anonymous said...

Your nephew is adorable! Enjoy all the time you can with him--they grow up so fast!!

Anonymous said...

Of course you don't have an HD TV set yet, you're a college graduate! Ha Ha...

Anyway...your nephew looks very happy to be spending time with his Uncle Ross. Unfortunately, my sister is yet to make me an Aunt; however, I'm hopeful that exciting time is yet to come.

On a weather note, do you think the nice weather will hold into next week? We're trying to get some bulbs planted at my work. What are your thoughts...

Angie

Melissa said...

Cute pics! He is getting big! It's been a while since I have been on here, but I'm back =) I love the pictures from the northeast as well. I grew up in a small town outside of Boston so I can say first hang how beautiful it gets when all the leaves change color!

The weather has been outstanding lately! I keep looking for outdoor things to do!! I wish there was a dog park in Wichita. Seems like we are the only city without one! Maybe you can do something about that?!? Broadcast it on the news and get it started! I will be first in line! Well, I am going to take the pups for a run at Sedgwick county park. Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

The baby is so cute. Too bad you didn't get a picture of him with Mil. I bet they are best buds.

Blog History