Sunday, December 28, 2008

End of 2008

I had a really nice Christmas and I hope you did too. I was reminded at how good of a cook my mom is; the turkey, potatoes, rolls, dessert, it was all so very good. I don't think she's ever fixed anything bad.

The weather here in Kansas has been nothing short of amazing. The tornado watch Friday night was somewhat of a surprise, but it really shouldn't have been when you consider how humid and warm it turned out to be during the afternoon. Snow was a common sight on Saturday, but just like that, it melted away Sunday afternoon.

This weeks weather looks rather quiet. There will be some day to day variation in the temperatures, but for the most part, it will be above average in the coming days. It also looks dry this week too.

Do you have any resolutions planned for the new year? I've been thinking of a few, but I've discovered that old habits die hard and so I'm going to have to work really hard to make a change. Don't forget time keepers, there will be an extra second at the end of 2008 to keep clocks in check with the slowing spin of the Earth on its axis. So, you'll have to delay your Happy New Year by just one tick of the clock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not familiar with the "leap second." Could you explain that more please?

Blog History