Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Busy Week

I admit I've fallen behind on blogging recently, but it looks as if so many of you are busy too because I'm not seeing too many comments on the blog lately. Tuesday I was visiting the 4th graders at Explorer Elementary School in Goddard. I even stayed and had a school lunch, but I ate with the teachers. I was just too big to fit at the kids table and they would rather visit with their friends.

This week has been very interesting with the storm that just moved into Missouri. We finally get our first wet snowflakes in central Kansas. Greenwood county ended up with about 5 inches, which was a bit of a surprise for us in the weather center. We thought it may stay just to the north of this area. For those of you in western Kansas, you've already had your first taste of winter. Although the rest of this week looks rather benign, we are still in the middle of an active weather pattern and I think we're going to get another storm just before the Thanksgiving holiday. The models are still coming around to a solution that makes sense, but I'm thinking there will be more snow in Kansas early next week. I'm not so certain where the heavier snow will be, so stay tuned for updates. There are some indications we'll get some much colder air around Thanksgiving too, but again, we are waiting for the models to latch on to this idea.

I'm getting excited for Thanksgiving. Our travel hotline will be open on Monday if you're needing to call and get a forecast for your destination.

No comments:

Blog History