Sunday, August 26, 2007

Don't Miss Out

Hope you had a nice weekend. We are going to have a total lunar eclipse this week. It will take place early Tuesday morning and you will most likely have to set your alarm clock for this one. A lunar eclipse happens when the moon travels through the Earth's shadow, dimming the sunlight that hits the moon's surface. The total eclipse will start at 4:22 a.m. Tuesday and will reach its peak at 5:37 a.m. The total eclipse will end at 6:22 a.m. Skies will be clear, so we shouldn't have anything obscurring our view of the eclipse.

I've always been fascinated by these types of events. Meteor showers are also fun to watch, but they can be frustrating as they definitely test your patience.

We are entering one of my favorite times of the year. The weather pattern begins to show signs of change, resulting in cooler air from Canada and hopefully, some much needed rain to help revive things after the summer heat. We should see a decent change later in the week with a cold front arriving Wednesday, ushering in some modified, Canadian air that will drop our highs back into the 80s. We are also anticipating lower humidity by the end of the week. Wouldn't that be nice. Another reason this is my favorite time of the year... football season begins. Have a good week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross,
Love watching you on tv. Just curious...are you single? I only ask because I have a "friend" who is single as well, and she thinks you're really cute. We watch you on the weekends all the time! Oh, and we love seeing Millie as well! So come on Ross, spill the beans! Are you single?

Anonymous said...

Good grief people. Leave him alone about his personal life already.

Geek Duchess K said...

Thanks so much for the eclipse times for our area. I can set the alarm and be ready to watch it. Keep up the good work.

shelly said...

Ross,
Thanks for looking up the answer to the lowest tempurature question...I really appreciate it. Also...I got to see Millie on the Sunday 10pm news cast. She is adorable, but I love the Corgis'. I think she needs to be on the kwch payroll!

Anonymous said...

Ross its always nice to see a local guy on tv ...We are all ready for the cooler weather and some moisture would be nice too think you could get some for here in Geneseo area its getting pretty dry ...It was nice to see your dog on the show I thought that I saw her in a chair one night when you were manning the storm watch...Keep up the good work !!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I thought the lunar eclipse was pretty I only got to see some of it around 5:30 on my way to work. You should email me so we can catch up pinniewooh@hotmail.com do you have a myspace? talk to you later have a good week.

Blog History