Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Summer's Excessive Heat!

It's hot outside, skies are sunny, and the heat shows no mercy and probably won't for several days to come. See the last blog entry for more on why it's so hot. This big upper air high pressure is definitely slow to move and could last for the next 2 weeks. Needless to say, keep the air conditioners going on full blast and do what you can to avoid the hottest part of the day, which falls between noon and 5 p.m. Anyone else ready for fall and for football season to start again?? It's no secret; I don't like long, hot stretches of dry weather because it just dries everything out.

I wanted to let you know that we have now added a LOOPING radar to our weather page on KWCH.com. Check it out (when it rains again here in Kansas) and be sure to let me know what you think. It is 90 minutes worth of radar imagery to help you follow storms across Kansas. We have been working very hard to get this information available to you and now we are interested in your feedback.

I'm headed back to the family ranch for the next few days and will be back to update you on the hot weather Saturday. Stay cool!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking out the radar and I really like it. I always think it's fun to track a storm and see how it is developing and where it is headed.
I'm with you, too much heat can quickly dry everything out. Guess we knew this would happen when school starts.
Keep up the great work all of you do.

Blog History