Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Early School Visit

I had a chance to visit the 5th graders at Rex Elementary School in Haysville on Tuesday. The kids had a ton of great questions and seemed to be overly impressed with the old cloud-in-a bottle trick. Even the ones that had seen it before were still amazed. I told the kids I would give them a shout out Tuesday night on Fox at 9 p.m., but wouldn't you know, I remembered just after we went to commercial break. We were able to squeeze it in at the very end of the newscast, so sorry about that.

In the meantime, what did you think of the lunar eclipse? Interestingly enough, I just happened to wake up at 5 a.m. Tuesday morning and it was quite a sight to see. I guess if you have seen a total lunar eclipse before, this wasn't anything new. We had perfect conditions with clear skies and a full moon. I'm paying the price today because I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open.

Anyway, SOME rain will come through on Wednesday and the cooler weather will be here for the rest of the week. This just might be our first taste of fall. Temperatures at 9 p.m. Tuesday night were already cooling off across western Kansas. Anyone else ready for the change? Hope the rest of the week goes well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the kids will be so happy you remembered their "shout out". I'm also glad the visit turned out so well, especially since I made the recommendation to my sister to have you talk to her class after having you talk to my algebra students last year.

Anonymous said...

Ready for a dip in temps but not ready for the winter weather that follows. If we could just have spring and fall temps all year round we would be set for life.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I missed the lunar eclipse but with the dark rain clouds this morning the sunrise was beautiful.

Blog History