Thursday, September 27, 2007

Calendar Confusion

Here we are coasting into the month of October and where did that cool, fall weather go? Remember two weeks ago when we had highs in the 50s and 60s? Most people I run into on the street are anxiously awaiting for that cooler weather to revisit Kansas, but I honestly don't see it happening for at least another 7-10 days. Okay, so if we can't have the cooler weather, can we get some rain?




There is a pretty good storm system coming in from the west for the weekend. About the only thing that is certain is we will have strong winds this weekend. The temperatures should be warm and if everything goes as planned, we SHOULD get some rainfall. I'm posting a snapshot of the weather pattern for the upcoming weekend. How can we get some rain out of this system? The first thing that must happen before the storm gets here on Sunday is we need to draw in some Gulf of Mexico moisture. The strong south winds should help in doing that Friday and Saturday and when that low gets to Kansas Sunday, storms should develop. The last couple of systems have been rather disappointing in terms of rain, mainly because they are too far north of Kansas to do any good. We will see how things change on Friday and Saturday, but wouldn't it be nice to get a good 2 inch soaker? I guess we can't have it all, right? Have a good weekend and if you do get rain this weekend, post your amounts on the blog. I just might use them on the air too.


Thanks everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the farmers in Kansas get the rain that they need for the wheat. Have a great weekend everyone.

Anonymous said...

It would be nice to get some rain, I was hopin' to change the brake pads on my vehicle on Sunday, but guess I'll try do that before I lose daylight on Saturday after work.

Hopefully those that are walking in the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Race for the Cure aren't too wind blown afterwards.

Oh and Ross, I'll be happy to report any rainfall that I get at home, any chance that we could get a new KWCH rain guage??? HA HA.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Blah Blah Blah- I enjoy reading the blog but don't have time to read a book every time.

Anonymous said...

Blogging emerged from the online dairies, in which someone would write their thoughts on a specific topic and could include a picture of relevance , I don't feel that any of the blogs have too long...

Ah well, that is just one persons thoughts. Have a good one ya'll. Anything exciting this weekend????

Blog History