Monday, September 10, 2007

State Fair Visit & More

I had my first visit to the Kansas State Fair today (Monday) and everyone was asking about the chilly weather. It seems we get it all during the state fair and you will hear people say "it always rains during the state fair". Rodney Price did some digging through state fair weather history and found that the last dry fair we had was in 2000, so more often than not, it seems to rain some during the 10 day event. Thanks for stopping by the booth and signing up for weather umbrellas and the TV. I'll visit the fair again on Wednesday (perhaps even with Millie) and hopefully get a chance to take some pictures to post on here later in the week. Be sure to check back.

What is with the crazy, cool weather? Well, first of all, this is why I really like this time of the year. Mother Nature is beginning to make the transition from one season to another, and forecasting these big changes is very exciting. The cool snaps don't last long, so warmer weather is coming back for the rest of the week. BUT, there is another storm developing in Canada by the end of the week, and it will send another cold front across Kansas by Thursday night and Friday. More cool, fall-like weather will settle in by the first part of the weekend. The graphic that I have on here is the jet stream by 7 a.m. Thursday morning, as forecasted by one of the computer models. You can see the storm developing up north. I have a bad feeling that this one will not bring much in the way of rain, just like this storm that came through Monday. (click on the graphic to make it larger) Have a great rest of the week and I'll update Wednesday night after my fair visit.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that you a wrong on the amount of rain that could come to the state.

Anonymous said...

okay, i am really embarrassed right now, but i just had to get on here and leave you a comment.

i don't know if you remember but monday you were at the fair and some parents went up to your window and asked you to sign a picture for julie, love ross. well...i'm julie.

from my understanding they made me sound like i was 12. they failed to tell you i'm 21. anyways -- i would stop by on wednesday and meet you, but i will be at work until 10 that evening so i can't. unfortunately the people at dillon's (on 30th) would be dissappointed if i called in.

okay enough rambling, thank you for the picture. keep up the good work!!

--julie.

Anonymous said...

Hey There my favorite weather man. It was great seeing you at the fair. Thanks for signing your picture for me. (I'm the one that said you were hot and came to the fair just for you!) I would love a weather report in person if you're ever interested. Give me a shout sometime klc22535@yahoo.com.
Thanks again for making my fair experience a memorable one.
Krista

Anonymous said...

Don't ya love how desperate these women are?

Anonymous said...

Hey Ross....so if someone wanted to meet Millie, how late tomorrow evening do you plan to stay? Not off work until 5pm and wasn't sure how late "early evening" was going to be. Thanks Ross.

Ross Janssen said...

I should be near the KWCH booth until 7 p.m. Please drop by and say hi.

Blog History