Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Finally Arrives!

I remember standing on the sideline Saturday sweating like crazy because temperatures were in the upper 80s and low 90s. The weather pattern has definitely changed and I think it is safe to say, we will not have any more 90s this year. In fact, highs in the 80s will be few and far between as the cooler air settles into the area.
I've posted the highs from Wednesday, which clearly shows a difference across Kansas. Normal temperatures are in the low 70s for this time in October.

Hopefully, we will get more rain this coming weekend. So, put the fertilizer on your yard Thursday or Friday and watch Mother Nature water it in for you Saturday and Sunday. Even the farmers that have just finished planting wheat would probably be glad to see some moisture.

My safety talk this Saturday will be at the Newton Wal-Mart. I'll have some handouts and will share a few PowerPoint slides with you on weather safety. Stop by if you can, but if you are stuck in front of a football game this weekend, I'll understand. It might be a good weekend for it. Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The weather is really going to be nice to have. So has there been any development on organizing the weather data collectors?

Wish I could attend the meeting on Sat, but have to work.

Have a great weekend.

Blog History