Sunday, October 7, 2007

A Sports Guy for the Weekend

Wow, what a weekend with the Sunflower Showdown. It was exciting and the outcome was bittersweet ... if you were dressed in red and blue. Thanks again to Bruce Haertl for setting me up with a media pass to watch the game from the sidelines and it was incredible. I posted a picture that one of my friends had from the game. It's like finding Waldo, but you'll find me pretty easily, seeing that I'm the only red amongst a sea of purple. I've watched many football games on TV, listen to even more on the radio, seen a few from the stands, but I've never watched one from the field. It gives you a whole new perspective on the game and it definitely has a much quicker pace than what you are used to when you watch it at home.
I had a chance to BBQ before and after the game with several of my KU and K-State friends. There was a great deal of trash talking before the game, but it all came to an end at about 2:30 in the afternoon. The in-state rivalry continues.... and some are already looking ahead to basketball. It will be here before we know it.
Have a great week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see that the Sunflower show down was just that.

shelly said...

I knew there was something we loved about you Ross...a KU grad that likes K-State football.....very cool. It was a great game wasn't it? But our house is in a bit of a crimson and blue funk. Oh well...always next year! We are totally happy about the rain though! You looked pretty good there on the sidelines Ross....will there be any reporting of weather from the sports desk??
Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Actually, if you double-click and maximize your photo, you can spot FIVE more Waldo's!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Been a great week, awesome weather! Hope all is well with everyone else. Glad you enjoyed the sidelines Ross...very cool experience! Totally jealous!

Update us on the Wal-Mart talk....I'm curious.

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing we have something called alcohol....cuz that's what I invested in after the game..... PUKE...literally!

Anonymous said...

Cute Pictures! Thanks for sharing...glad you had a good time! Go HAWKS! :)

Blog History