Saturday, October 13, 2007

Weather Safety Fair

I ventured up to Newton Saturday morning for a weather safety fair just inside of the Wal-Mart. It is something every Wal-Mart is required to do and thanks to Mary Root for the invitation to visit. I handed out Storm Team 12/KFDI Storm Alert Maps to those passing by and I had a slide show cycling through with different weather questions for kids and adults to answer. The weather fair started out rather slow, but by 11 a.m., the kids finally started to show.

I still have high hopes for more rain on Sunday. Several areas missed out on the moisture Friday afternoon, and even those that did get rain could probably use a little more. Severe weather will be a concern Sunday afternoon, so I'm sure we will be busy later in the afternoon. Hopefully we won't have to cut into NFL football (we know the phone calls will start pouring in if we do)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ross,

Thanks for coming to our Newton Wal-Mart store! I'm glad you took the time to come to our little town. As a church secretary, I've heard several people in the office today ask if they made it to the safety festivities and mentioned that KWCH weather was there!Also...it was great to finally meet you! I would have asked you more about the meteorology career, but I'm a declared mathematics major! Hope your career remains a good one here in KS!

Thanks again!
Miss Handshake with No Name LOL

Anonymous said...

Do you go the the Hutch Wal-Mart? I am going to major in Atmospheric Science and hope to be on TV forecasting weather, or working at the National Weather Service. I have never heard of this weather safety fair at Wal-Marts... you guys need to go to the Hutch Wal-Mart some day.

Anonymous said...

It was great to talk with you at the Safety Fair. Also glad I scooted the chair back as not to be in the picture. Great quality for a camera phone I'd say too.

Blog History