Friday, March 5, 2010

Jefferson Elementary 2010


Our week ended with a weather presentation at Jefferson Elementary. I've been invited back to the school several times, but this year was a first for Millie. I had to laugh when one of the students asked me "How do you know when she is happy when she can't wag her tail?"

You see (or what you don't see on TV) is that Millie has a "nubby" and it goes back and forth just like a tail would, so it's pretty easy to tell. And when she is around the kids, she's always in pretty good spirits. On the way back to the station Friday afternoon, she did fall asleep, so I know the kids wore her out (and that's definitely a good thing). I handed out a few autographs and some of the kids won a prize for correct answers in my quiz section. By the way, if you've ever wondered how I get Millie to be so good on TV, well look into her eyes in the first picture and you will see the secret. (not really, but she looks a little scary there)

The kids are geared up for Spring Break. It's the one thing you miss as you get older (unless you are a teacher or an administrator). It is the best cure for cabin fever, and there seems to be several cases of that this year.

Next week leading up to Spring Break, the weather looks a little unsettled with cooler temperatures. We may get some heavy rainfall Monday and the temperatures will certainly be cooler than they were this week, but I think warmer weather will return by Spring Break week. Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Conner's (the corgi) Mom said...

Ross, like you, I have a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. You had Millie shaved last year...was that a positive task? Did her hair grow back in the same color? Was she cooler? Will you do it again this uear? Where did you get her shaved?

I am just full of questions...aren't I! LOL

Blog History