Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Break 2010

I'm pretty sure I've blogged about this before, but this is the week I miss the most after leaving college. It's a week to escape the day-to-day routine of going to class and doing homework. Although some teachers found a way to schedule a test right after spring break, so it was hard to completely get away from the school work. But the week always offered up a chance to work and earn some money, or take a trip and make some unforgettable memories.

I was in Chicago last week attending some meetings and oddly enough, it was warmer there than it was in Kansas. I guess in some ways it makes sense because March weather can just be all over the place. There was no wind and temperatures were in the 50s, so I couldn't complain about the weather. I'm sure some will get a chuckle out of this, but a farm boy in the middle of a big city like Chicago is almost overwhelming to me. I love standing at the bottom of those gigantic buildings, wondering what it would be like to have an office at the top (image the clouds and storms that you would see with such a view) The one thing about being in those big cities; you can't see into the distance and it causes me to lose my sense of direction, so you have to rely on a cab driver to help you out. Just like anything else, if you grow up around it, you would be use to it, but for me, the tallest thing I had growing up was a windmill, which I did climb on occasion (who knows what for)

A late, winter season storm is brewing for the end of the week and could bring snow back to Kansas (oddly enough, spring begins Saturday) There is a chance some could get accumulating snow too, so check back in later in the week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was some intense typing error that happened up there. It was like Yoda was trying to communicate from the grave.

Blog History