Saturday, May 19, 2007

Facing Your Fear

I was able to catch up on some outdoor work on my days off and I came face to face with one of my biggest fears... snakes. I was cleaning out one of my windowsills and didn't see him until I reached down to pick up the leaves and trash. He was pretty small and didn't strike at me, but it was enough to cause a brief moment of panic. You would think after 20 years on the farm I would be accustom to them, but I'm not quite there. Snakes would probably be less scary, but they always end up in an area that you least expect to find them. I'm also afraid of spiders, but that's another story.

It is a busy weekend for graduation ceremonies around the state and the weather has been cooperating. Last year at this time, we had record setting highs in the mid and upper 90s so at least it isn't that hot. It's a little uncomfortable in a cap and gown when the temperatures get that warm. If you have a good graduation story to share, post it here. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I can relate with you on the snake thing. I once opened a drawer at my cabin at the lake and found a 6 ft. water snake curled up in the silverware drawer. I ran out screaming. Just wondering if you are still single?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Ross. A lot of us single ladies would love to have a date with the most eligible bachelor in Wichita!

Anonymous said...

I completely understand your fears of snakes and spiders! Those are the two things I hate the most! What did you do with it?

Ross Janssen said...

I set the snake free. I would have killed it if it would've been a rattlesnake.

Anonymous said...

I agree with the cap and gown being uncomfortable in hot weather comment. We had to march 3/4 of a mile in our caps and tams and carrying our hoods to the beat of bag pipes. We dubbed it Survivor Graduation.
Now, post graduation, I'll be moving to North Central Kansas - does KWCH cover that area?

Blog History