Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

A different weather pattern this weekend yields a much quieter weather picture for Kansans. A bunch of activities going on this weekend with the Wichita River Festival underway and of course, it's Mother's Day weekend. It's a special day for all of the mothers out there and we should be grateful for the stuff that they do for us.

I didn't really get a full appreciation for my mom and dad until I was in college. It seems like you battle with them all the way through high school regarding curfew, friends, etc. and then find out later in life that they are your best friends.

What funny stories do you have about your mom that you could share for Mother's Day?
I have several, but my mom would probably get even by sending in a baby picture of me to be aired in the birthday section of Eyewitness News This Morning. We wouldn't want that on TV, trust me.

To my mom, Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a funny story about my mother. She is a person who doesn't appreciate having the wits scared out of her. However, one evening I came home after dark with my dad, she hid in the kitchen and jumped out and scared me half to death. I haven't let her forget it to this day!

Blog History