Thursday, May 31, 2007

A New Lake in Kansas










I made my way across central Kansas on Wednesday headed back home for a few days and I couldn't believe what I saw in Barton county. Cheyenne Bottoms, if you are not familiar with the area, is located just outside of Great Bend and is a wildlife refuge. However, after passing through that area, it looks like Cheyenne Lake after all of the rainfall in May. I've heard some reports saying the water backs all the way up to Hoisington, which is north of Great Bend about 11 miles. Although I didn't see any boats out on the water, it certainly looked like a place to spend a weekend boating, fishing, and camping.

Millie (my storm chasing partner) was traveling with me and we stopped to take pictures of the flooded area. I don't think I've ever seen that much water in Cheyenne Bottoms, but for those that have been around longer than I have, perhaps you've seen this before. I'd like to hear from you if that's the case.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to tell you that Millie is just adorable. She must be an amazing storm chasing buddy.
Keep up the good work.

Blog History