Wednesday, May 2, 2007

A Flashback

I had a great opportunity to visit the 6th graders at Wilbur Middle School Wednesday morning to talk about weather and for a brief moment, I had a flashback to when I was in middle school. The bell just sounded as I walked in the door and then a sudden rush of students. Where's my locker and what is my combination? Where's my books and what class am I headed to next? Better yet, what are we having for lunch? All of those questions that you had to ask yourself during the course of the school day. I'm not sure if I would want to go back.

The students had been studying weather and collecting data from instruments. Becky Stanfield, one of the teachers at the school, informed me that the students were also graphing the data to look for weather trends. I was invited to the school to do a weather wrap-up session and I was amazed at how attentive the students were. I was a little nervous that my cloud-in-a bottle trick wouldn't be as exciting to the 6th graders as younger kids, but they still enjoyed every minute of it. Thanks again to those at Wilbur for allowing me to visit.
Pictures are on the way (I hope) so check back later to see the kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, I am a student at Wilbur. I enjoyed your visit! i think it was wonderful and i hope thast you enjoyed our school!

Blog History