Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A New Experience

I had a school talk on Tuesday that was a new experience in many different ways. First, I don't normally talk to high school kids and further more, we don't often cover mathematics in meteorology when we visit schools. I had both today and it turned out to be a success.
Thanks to Michele Fields for inviting me to talk with her group today. The Algebra students had been asking how the stuff they were learning related to things in the real world. Meteorology does involve a bunch of equations and other math concepts, so inviting a meteorologist to the school seemed appropriate.

We covered many topics, but if I list them here, you would probably get bored with this entry (if you aren't already).
I'm on my way to South Hutch Wednesday to visit 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. Should be another great day and I hope to have pictures tomorrow. When I'm done with the school talk, I'll be out storm chasing in central Kansas, so watch and listen for my reports Wednesday evening.

No comments:

Blog History