Monday, July 28, 2008

Millie Makes an Appearance

Some might think it is over the top or crazy, but Millie was invited to be a guest at a 25th Wedding Anniversary celebration in Andover Saturday night and so we went after the 10 p.m. newscast. She was a hit with the little kids and even some of the adults found her to be very entertaining. I wasn't sure what to expect, but she made her way through the crowd and tried to greet as many people as she could. Of course, there were some crumbs on the floor that just had to be eaten. I'm glad people enjoy seeing her on TV and in the public. Millie was at the Kansas State Fair last year and I'll see if I can get approval to have her there again this year. I don't know how many autographs she can sign though. By the way, a picture might be coming at a later date.

I attended the Ellsworth/Kanopolis Chamber of Commerce lunch meeting Monday. It was very nice to see familiar faces back in my hometown and the food was very good. Unfortunately, I was on a very short time frame for the day, so I couldn't stay long, but it was nice to get the chance to come back for a little while. A busy day and now the thunderstorms are starting to take center stage. Let's hope for some good rain in western Kansas. This type of moisture is hard to acquire in the month of July.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Millie is the best. I hope to see her at the fair.

-Rita from Hutch

Ty said...

It was great seeing Millie and you at the fair last year. Any idea of what the schedule looks like for this year yet? I am definately excited about the fair, but it will be here before we know it. It will be Caden's first fair, can't wait to take him all across the fair grounds. He and I are planning a day of it, though not sure what day we are going just yet, I might have to put my vacation request in with weather permitting for his benefit.

Its been some warm weather as we were warned. Hope everyone is doing well. Always great to see you on the news broadcast.

I don't think it is over the top inviting Millie or any other family pet to a wedding/anniversary/birthday party, but I also have multiple animals!

Hope Melissa, Jon, Stacey and everyone else are having a great summer as well!

Have a great weekend everyone! Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids! Keep up the GREAT WORK Ross!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it helps young people and the families, friends and mentors who care about them find out more about the differences between individuals. The approach is based on typology and uses four tales of two dogs who are opposite in every way, but enjoy a treasured if sometimes confusing friendship. thank you
==================
danica

Kansas Treatment Centers

Blog History