Monday, November 24, 2008

Thinking Turkey

Yeah, I have to admit, the smell of Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, and rolls have taken over my thoughts this week. I know preparing a big meal like this is expensive, but wouldn't it be nice to have Thanksgiving come twice a year? I don't know when we would do the second one, but I wouldn't object to having another face-feeding holiday.

I had a chance to hike the Pawnee Prairie trails out by Mid-Continent Airport Friday afternoon. The deer are still on the move at this time of the year and I ended up about 30-40 feet from one that was grazing in the grass. Millie, the aggressive hunting dog that she is, decided to let this one run free. She needed her energy to get back to the truck. I just have to say, Millie is a very smart dog and I've known that for a long time, but I did question her judgement to jump in the creek that afternoon for a swim when it was just 36 degrees outside. It didn't seem to bother her, so that thick coat of hair must really be working in her favor.

I hope your Thanksgiving holiday is a good one this year. I'll be here watching the storm coming in from the west. Hopefully, it will not create any travel headaches for you. There is a good chance with an HD TV, you'll be able to see the extra pounds I gain on Thanksgiving, but oh well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving is either the best or second best holiday we have. Although I am always glad when the holiday rush is done at work. Makes the day go by fast, but wouldn't want everyday like that.

I drive by the Pawnee Prairie Nature Center early in the morning and quit often see deer running across the road.Which somewhat surprises me that the airplanes don't seem to bother them.

Doubt we will see any extra weight with the HD cameras lol.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the food, family and giving thanks for everything we are blessed with.

Anonymous said...

Your blog always puts a smile on my face! Happy Thanksgiving Ross!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Millie and Ross.

Blog History