Just a quick update to our thinking for this afternoon.
- storms should fire up around 2 or 3 p.m. today in central and some of western Kansas.
- storms will move northeast at close to 40 mph.
- highest chance for seeing a few tornadoes will be in central and northern Kansas between 4-6 p.m.
- some hail and wind is possible with storms developing south into south central Kansas at around 5 or 6 p.m. this evening
- severe threat should trail off close to 11 p.m. or midnight as the storms move through KC and into Missouri and Iowa
Everything calms down for Saturday, and even Sunday looks relatively calm at this point. Have a safe weekend and stick with us throughout the afternoon to see how things change.
- ► 2017 (160)
- ► 2016 (166)
- Special Report: The Height of Technology - Sunday
- Identifying certain cloud features - what do they ...
- Severe storms expected today
- Coming soon - next round of severe storms
- Severe potential rest of the week
- Rain ends, but not for too long
- Severe weather threat today - rain finally arrives...
- Too much for some... not enough for others
- Weekend rainfall amounts & a preview of what's to ...
- Storms move out - quiet now for a few days
- Severe threat today (4-8-15)
- Wednesday severe threat continues
- More severe weather chances
- Hail possible today - and a refresher on how we me...
- ▼ April (14)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)