Just a quick update as we head into a very warm, dry, windy weekend. We still have a storm system coming at us for next week. It should arrive on Tuesday, but the track of the storm is not looking very favorable for moisture in Kansas.
If the track of the storm comes right over the central Rockies (which is looking more likely now), Kansas isn't going to see much moisture. We need the storm to drop much farther south than what is showing up on the computer models now. If it doesn't go south first, it doesn't get a chance to ingest Gulf moisture.
Take a look at the latest model projections for rainfall next Tuesday.
There could be some MAJOR wind with this Tuesday storm. Gusts over 50 mph look possible. Sure seems like we've had our fair share of wind lately, but there's even more coming next week.
- ► 2017 (155)
- Historic February temperatures & a big shift in th...
- Update on rain chances next week
- Spring-like weekend ahead - then a storm arrives
- Tornadoes/Severe weather season - and improvements...
- Going beyond windy & looking into early March
- Smoke seen from space & changes coming next week
- Record warmth - crazy winds - next chance for mois...
- Incredible warmth & how wet/dry are things in Kans...
- Still some snow left & record watch next week
- Time is running out to view...
- Wind and more wind - pattern this week is interest...
- One storm Friday, then changes coming late weekend...
- Rainfall totals & snow (updated 8 a.m. Tuesday)
- Winter storm arrives - blizzard conditions likely ...
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)