Thanks for spending a few minutes checking out the blog. It was a pretty nice weekend by February measures. Saturday felt every bit like spring with highs in the 60s and 70s.
We do have a storm nearby today (Monday) that should keep us cloudy for much of the day. The core of this storm is going to stay south of us, BUT Kansas will be close enough to get some light rain showers as we head into the afternoon. Our rainfall amounts won't be anything impressive, but some areas could get up to .20" before the chance ends later tonight. I don't expect any slick roads as the chance for precipitation will end long before we fall below freezing overnight.
Forecast models have southern Oklahoma and Texas getting an inch of rain or more through Tuesday night. Once the storm moves east, Kansas will be seeing more springlike weather with highs in the 60s later this week.
There will be another storm headed our way next weekend, and details on that will be coming throughout the week.
- ► 2018 (86)
- February records - some rain/snow - calming patter...
- Rain/snow chance - close call on severe storms
- Winter fights back - how about early March?
- Changes coming to Kansas - close call on snow
- Rainfall amounts - changes on the horizon
- Next storm for Kansas & cold air back on the map
- Weird February so far - active pattern returns soo...
- One storm nearby today/Tuesday
- Lunar eclipse tonight - one storm to watch next we...
- Partial eclipse details - Record warmth coming
- Comet visible later this week
- Is winter over? Record watch this week!
- Warmer weekend coming - Close call on Arctic Air
- Back to winter - couple of storms to watch
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)