Good Monday morning and to go along with the weird February temperatures, how about the thunderstorms? We didn't have any severe weather here last night, but stronger storms were reported just south of us in Oklahoma City and into Texas.
Rainfall Amounts - through 6 a.m. Monday:
Wichita (Eisenhower Airport): 0.80"
Jabara Airport: 0.64"
This latest storm system is out of here and for the next two days, our focus will be on the potential for record highs.
Two storms late week:
The first will arrive on Thursday, producing near blizzard conditions in Nebraska and parts of the Dakotas. There could be a 30 degree spread in temperatures around Kansas Thursday afternoon, with a chance for rain/snow mix over northern Kansas Thursday evening. It doesn't look like a major storm for Kansas, but could be a travel mess just north of us.
This system will be nearby on Sunday. Again, not likely to be a major storm, but it does bring another chance for some light rain AND much chillier weather to start next week.
Bottom line is that we are seeing a return to near normal weather after what has been an amazing stretch of spring weather in the Plains.
- February records - some rain/snow - calming patter...
- Rain/snow chance - close call on severe storms
- Winter fights back - how about early March?
- Changes coming to Kansas - close call on snow
- Rainfall amounts - changes on the horizon
- Next storm for Kansas & cold air back on the map
- Weird February so far - active pattern returns soo...
- One storm nearby today/Tuesday
- Lunar eclipse tonight - one storm to watch next we...
- Partial eclipse details - Record warmth coming
- Comet visible later this week
- Is winter over? Record watch this week!
- Warmer weekend coming - Close call on Arctic Air
- Back to winter - couple of storms to watch
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)