Strong storms are expected today for mainly western Kansas. We issued a Weather Alert Day for this setup because I think you'll see some fairly strong winds with some of the storms. I've highlighted the area that will mostly likely see the strongest storms. Wind gusts to 60 mph look to be the biggest concern, but some spotty reports of hail are also expected.
Most of Friday looks dry, and we've pushed the rain chances back some this weekend. It's looking more likely that we will have some rain on Saturday, and it could be off and on throughout much of the day. I wouldn't be surprised to have rain in the morning, with more storms redeveloping in the late afternoon. Although severe weather isn't likely, some pockets of heavy downpours will move across the area.
Coming up tomorrow on the blog... update on the eclipse forecast. It's coming into better focus as we get closer.
- Updated eclipse forecast... clouds go away!
- More eclipse questions answered
- Solar eclipse frequently asked questions
- Rainfall reports AND a weekend meteor shower
- Strong storms today - weekend rain chances adjuste...
- Severe weather chance & an early eclipse forecast
- Cool & wet week ahead for Kansas
- Weekend rain setup & more 70s next week!
- How long will the cool air hang around
- Monthly stats & look what's still coming our way
- ▼ August (10)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)