Sunday, March 11, 2007

I survived a week of blogging and thanks everyone for sending comments and feedback. It's always nice to establish communication with our audience.

This is an important week in weather and I'll try to update my blog as much as possible. It is Severe Weather Awareness Week in Kansas and it is a prime opportunity to go over severe weather precautions. The National Weather Service will issue statements on different topics throughout the week, including lightning, hail, winds, flash flooding, and tornadoes.

Don't forget the statewide tornado drill will take place Tuesday at 1:30. There will not be severe weather on that day, so don't panic when you hear the sirens. However, we should treat it as an actual warning as a way to practice our tornado safety procedures.

When was the last time you had to take shelter from an actual tornado?
If you've lived in Tornado Alley for any amount of time, I know you'll have some stories to share. Have a great week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up in Kansas, we don't really take shelter from tornadeos. I am facinated with them and always am outside watching them. However, when the Hoisington tornadeo hit, my father and I took shelter in a friends' garage, but eventually watched it pass over our town.

Anonymous said...

Ross...you're forecasts are worthless. You couldn't forecast your way out of a paper sack. Why are you so full of yourself? Loser.

Anonymous said...

Don't pay any attention to that last comment Ross. That individual I assume is a high school drop out living on a vision card with 12 children and paying child support. They were too dumb to make it through college so they have to bag on other people to make them feel good about themselves. Keep doing what your doing buddy! You all are awesome at Ch 12!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I agree with that last comment! You are awesome and I bet whoever posted that other one wouldn't even be able to make it through college to even attempt to be a meterologist!
The last tornado I had to take cover for was in Lawrence, KS a few years ago. It went right over my apt. building and my roommates and I took cover in in the bathroom. The weatherman who reported on that storm was almost as good as you! :)

Blog History