Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Storm Team has been really busy lately, not with severe weather but with our severe weather special that will air Tuesday night at 6:30 on KWCH (of course). It is a show that we put together every spring to get you thinking about the season ahead and each year we feature something different. The show is complete and we are excited for it to hit the air. Let me know what you think of it and if there are topics you would like to see covered in future shows.

Topics that will get covered this year include storm chasing past and present; tornado survival tips from those who have been through it themselves; a behind the scenes look at how we cover severe weather, and the new EF tornado strength scale. The new scale is already being put to the test with the recent tornado outbreak in southeastern part of the country.

In addition to getting ready for our weather show, we are also busy with school talks and severe weather safety visits. If you have a group or organization getting together soon and would like for a meteorologist to come talk about severe weather, let me know and I'll try and organize something that fits the schedule in the weather office.

If you like spring... the weather has been hard to beat lately. Now we just need to get some rain in here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love spring, except for the humidity! I'm interested to hear what you have to say on the special. Why does it get so darn humid in Kansas?

Anonymous said...

I remember the special from last year. I always enjoy what you guys put together.

Anonymous said...

Ross,
How would I take shelter if I'm doing a lot of traveling this spring and I'm on the road?

Anonymous said...

zzz

Blog History