This is spring break for most area schools and the weather, well, it could be better for some. Even though we've been seeing some rain, at least it's not a blizzard or really cold, right?
I didn't have many spring breaks in college because I was working at Channel 6 in Lawrence. It didn't bother me because after all, it is severe weather season in March and what better place to spend spring break than in the weather office tracking storms. I did enjoy some good college trips in the summer months though. One of the trips took us down the Niangua River in southern Missouri on canoes. If you've ever been on a float trip in a canoe then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. They are relaxing and fun to say the least. I really should go back sometime. The camping was nice too.
If you are on spring break, what are you doing with your time? (Please keep it clean)
If you are like me and you don't get spring breaks anymore, perhaps you can share one from your college days.
I know the rain puts a damper on outside activities, but we need the moisture.
- ► 2014 (150)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)
- Storm Chasing Teaches Patience
- What do you call a group of 250 meteorologists get...
- Spring Break!
- I've had a few calls this week regarding the frost...
- What did you think of the weather special this yea...
- I survived a week of blogging and thanks everyone ...
- The Storm Team has been really busy lately, not wi...
- The buzz around Wichita on Tuesday was a hole that...
- The current temperature as I write this blog is 65...
- Welcome to this new edition of KWCH.com... the wea...
- ▼ March (10)