Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lovin' this weather!

This is definitely my favorite time of the year, not just because the trees are changing color, but the atmosphere is definitely changing too. The jet stream is getting stronger and we are about to see a huge invasion of cold air by next weekend. The computer models have been showing it now for about 5 days, and it looks like a big system will set up in Canada and start shoving the cold air south. Highs next weekend may not get out of the 40s in the northwest, while much of the state will see highs in the low to mid 50s. And, northwest Kansas might have a little snow flurry action at night. Stay tuned for details on the big change coming later in the week.

Millie is not getting married, but she is in a wedding next weekend. This will be a true test of her good behavior to see if she can sit still for about 15-20 minutes during the ceremony. I'm sure pictures will surface somewhere, and I'll post them when they are available.

I spent a little time down in Mexico at the end of September. It was my first time to snorkel and was fortunate enough to see an eagle ray, a big sea turtle, and hundreds of colorful fish. It was such a great experience. I did try scuba diving, but it was limited to the swimming pool since I didn't have the money or any previous experience doing it. Sure was fun, but I'm happy to be home too. Have a great week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are lovin this weather. Farmers are able to get lots done. What will Millie be in the wedding? Should be interesting.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures of Millie at the wedding.
She is the best!!!

mickey said...

Yea, I was looking at some of the models in the GFS on sunday evening and saw the cold air but didn't know what to think about it. Now I know it will get colder here.

Anonymous said...

I heard you opened your mouth during your shower. OUCH...

ElTino

Blog History