Monday, August 4, 2014
August heat, storms, and a short family getaway
This week looks to stay hot with highs in the 90s. It could be a lot hotter, but I don't see widespread triple digits for the area anytime soon.
Rain chances will be increasing for western Kansas Tuesday evening. That looks to be the first chance this week for rain. Everyone else will be looking at chances for storms by Wednesday.
If you get missed by the storms Wednesday, there should be some much better chances by the end of the week. We will focus on that Tuesday.
Millie and I will be back on the air this evening. We had a very short, family getaway to Breckenridge, Colorado over the weekend. It was a chance to spend some quality time with my family and we had a great time. Below is a picture with my two oldest nephews up along the Continental Divide. I think we have a couple of hikers in the making (maybe the next Lewis and Clark)
- Heavy rainfall and storms for part of the holiday ...
- Continuing storm chances & holiday weekend outlook...
- Heavy rain for some, none for others
- Slowly changing pattern this week
- Millie's weekend plans & stubborn heat continues
- 35 days left of summer
- Weekend summary & storm wrap from last night
- Sun dog appears & rain chances return
- Rainfall comparison and late week warmup
- Meteors, hurricanes, and back-to-school forecast
- Rainfall amounts from 8-9 through 8-10
- Hawaii storms and Kansas gets ready for more chang...
- Sunsets, rain totals, and another round coming
- Election Day heat & then storms
- August heat, storms, and a short family getaway
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)