Good Monday morning and hope you had a great weekend. It was nice to see some rain over the weekend (for those that had it), but I know from looking at my Twitter feed, there was frustration among those who were missed. That's the trouble with summer storms. More times than not, you're dealing with scattered storms... not widespread rains.
So here's what to look at this week. Yes, it's hot for the next few days, but a cold front arriving Wednesday will be one of our best chances for storms this week. Here's a look at the latest data on our Future Track. It's got a pretty good chance of producing storms around the area and hopefully catch some of the areas that were missed over the weekend.
Cooler later this week!! That's right, the front coming Wednesday will send our temperatures back to upper 80s and low 90s for the end of the week. It will be a noticeable change, but we won't be able to get rid of the humidity. The big dome of high pressure will be farther south and west this week, which means our temperatures will not be as hot.
Hopefully you'll stick with us this week as we track the changes. It will be nice to have something other than just 100 degree temperatures to watch over the next several days.
- Interesting pattern setting up for Kansas
- Goodbye heat - hello rain chances
- Mini heat wave ends - early look into August
- More rain/changes coming this week
- Weekend rain chance update
- How much longer do we have to wait?
- Heat wave returns - but a big change looms
- Relief for now, but how about later this month
- Storm chances are back - breaking the heat wave
- Kansas is drying out - will this trend change?
- Long, hot week - Slight storm chances
- Major drought - July heat wave expanding
- ▼ July (12)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)