Friday is here and this is shaping up to be the coolest weekend of the entire month. The last time we had anything close to what we are forecasting this weekend was back at the beginning of the month. So if you don't mind some humidity, the forecast isn't looking too bad.
Best rain chances over the next week will be favored in western Kansas, where some places will pick up 1-2".
Areas west of a Dodge City to Hays line will have a chance at some scattered rain showers. It would be very unlikely for severe storms, but watch for quick heavy downpours. Central and eastern Kansas will have some sun and highs in the 80s.
A batch of showers will move from west to east, but just as the rain tries to get into central Kansas, it will probably be falling apart. Western Kansas will get the majority of the rain Sunday, but amounts farther east will likely be less than exciting (probably under .25")
Next week -
Good news is that NO TRIPLE DIGIT TEMPERATURES are forecast anywhere in the area. Most of us are going to have low to mid 80s. Rain chances will be favored across western Kansas once again, but there is one day in particular where we might see the moisture get a bit farther east east. That will be Wednesday evening/early Thursday.
Long range thoughts:
I'm fairly certain the first half of August will continue to be cooler than normal. We may not see any 100s until we get to the second half of the month, and even then, they should be very brief.
As far as rain is concerned, I don't see any major changes in the pattern that will send us into a really wet stretch. The occasional chances for spotty rain and storms seems most reasonable from I what see, but if you can get the right storm over your spot, you just might get some of that liquid gold.
- Interesting pattern setting up for Kansas
- Goodbye heat - hello rain chances
- Mini heat wave ends - early look into August
- More rain/changes coming this week
- Weekend rain chance update
- How much longer do we have to wait?
- Heat wave returns - but a big change looms
- Relief for now, but how about later this month
- Storm chances are back - breaking the heat wave
- Kansas is drying out - will this trend change?
- Long, hot week - Slight storm chances
- Major drought - July heat wave expanding
- ▼ July (12)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)