Thursday, August 25, 2016
Early look at Labor Day weekend weather
I know we are still more than a week away from the holiday weekend, but I know some of you are already looking and thinking ahead.
Confidence is growing that it's going to be a warm weekend for Kansas and surrounding areas. Look at the developing weather pattern from Wednesday - Sunday (Sep 1 - 4) A very large high pressure system is showing up on the maps right over Oklahoma and Arkansas. This will likely bring an end to the stormy weather, but also allow for some late summer weather to show up in Kansas. If this works out the way I think it will, we will have some very good lake weather for the unofficial end to summer.
September has been showing signs of being a warm month across the Plains. This is something we will take a look at when we put together the month long outlook. It's looking like we will see some stormy weather toward the end of our first week of September, which would also be about the time the Kansas State Fair begins in Hutch. Everyone says it rains during the fair, and this year just might live up to that too.
- ► 2017 (160)
- Flooding continues - major action in the tropics
- Labor Day / September Forecast
- Historic summer rains - Forecast for Labor Day
- Early look at Labor Day weekend weather
- Stormy setup the rest of the week
- Next chance for storms/tropics/La Nina watch
- Cooler weather coming in - stormy pattern sets up
- Early fall weather - looking into September/Kansas...
- Fall making an early appearance?
- Time for a meteor shower - Are you ready for this?...
- From mild to hot... changes ahead
- 24 Hour Rainfall - ending Friday morning
- Storms are back and look at this cool down
- An outlook for August
- July rains/August heat - watching the tropics
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)