Friday, May 12, 2017

Celebrating mom & stormy setup next week

It's a weekend to celebrate all of the moms out there and I have to thank my mom for helping me become the kind of person I am today. She would probably tell you I learned everything I need to know about weather from her, but ... well, I don't know about that. 

Here's how my mom forecasts the weather. She counts 100 calendar days from a morning of fog, and says it will rain right around that time. Does it work? Give it a try sometime and see. I think there is some truth to it, but I don't have time to keep up with it like she does. But she will let me know when we are getting close to the 100 days so I can put rain in the forecast.

I hope everyone enjoys this nice weekend of weather. The wind and temperatures will start picking up through the next few days, but no sign of any storms on the horizon through Sunday. 


Keep an eye on your Facebook news feed. You will probably see lots of different weather predictions calling for some very nasty weather, tornadoes, big hail, etc. The fact of the matter is that next week will have a couple different days where the weather could turn severe for parts of the state. 

There's so much we don't know yet about how the setup will come together, but it's safe to say that looking at the computer models right now, central and eastern Kansas will have the best chances for severe storms Tuesday evening, and again Thursday and Friday. And remember, in weather, it's a lot like baking in the kitchen. If the ingredients aren't just right or don't come together at just the right time, the forecast will change. So enjoy the weekend and then check back at the start of next week to see how everything is coming together. 

No comments:

Blog History