I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. The next two days (Friday and Saturday) do have chances for storms and some severe weather as well. So let's look a little closer at the timing.
Most of the day will be storm free and should be a nice. But into the evening hours, we do expect severe storms to start in eastern Colorado and then move into western Kansas. How widespread the storms will be is still a bit in question. But as the storms move east into the overnight, the biggest concern will be some strong wind gusts. Storms should weaken with time through the night. But if you are camping, please be prepared for some scattered storms.
I think there will be some leftover rain around at the beginning of the day, and then during the afternoon, the best chances for storms will be off to the east of the Flint Hills. Some showers may clip southwest Kansas Saturday night, but those won't be severe.
Sunday & Monday: DRY!!!!!!! Enjoy!
- ► 2018 (86)
- Wrapping up May - June preview
- Severe chances this holiday weekend
- Late week storms - early look at June
- Different setups this week
- Severe threat backing down, finally
- Severe storms expected today - update
- Next chance for severe storms - Thursday
- Severe weather timing today - Weather Alert Day
- Back to stormy weather this week
- Celebrating mom & stormy setup next week
- Rainfall amounts - How we can do better
- Severe weather update - Wednesday
- Severe chances this week
- Weekend meteor shower - long range forecast
- Remembering Greensburg - when does tornado season ...
- Weekend storm wrap - next one arriving soon
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)