Good Friday morning and hopefully you don't have too much cleanup to do in the wake of last nights storms. Just incredible to see so many storm reports across central and southern Kansas. Storms fired up right on schedule and produced tennis ball size hail near Hays. That was the largest hail report. And the strongest wind report was measured 84 mph winds in Colwich.
Scattered storms may develop in the same areas. The overall threat doesn't look as impressive as it did yesterday, but some storms will produce some hail and strong wind gusts over 60 mph. It looks like storms will fire up in the same areas (around Hays/Russell) and then move to the southeast. For Salina and Great Bend, storms will arrive around 5/6 p.m., and closer to 7/8 p.m. for Hutch & Wichita areas.
Still looks like a few more storms are possible Saturday evening as our cold front blows on through. But WOW! Sundays forecast for Father's Day looks awesome. Highs in the 80s with low humidity. Bring it on!
- ► 2018 (86)
- Holiday weekend - long range into July
- Weather Alert Day - severe winds expected
- Severe chance lingers - holiday forecast update
- Stormy week - difficult forecast
- Summer storms return - 4th of July forecast
- Major heat in the South - big changes for KS
- Another chance for storms Friday
- More storms coming & what is a heat burst
- To water or to wait... that's the question
- Hello summer heat - summer storm chances this week...
- First 100 degree days looming - will it last?
- Next round of storms - heat building up
- Quiet start to June - is severe weather season ove...
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)