Good Monday morning! After a weekend with spotty storms and some pockets of heavy downpours, we are setup for some drier weather today around the area. It's going to be very muggy though, so when we say "dry", we are only referring to the fact that there won't be precipitation falling. The air certainly won't be dry.
The weather pattern this week will allow us to enjoy more calm winds and summer-like temperatures.
Next chance for storms:
Scattered storms will develop over eastern Colorado and western Kansas into Tuesday evening. Once they do, they are going to move east, but how far east is somewhat uncertain. Right now, highest chances will be west of a line from Russell to Pratt. Some of us could wake up to leftover showers Wednesday morning, but it should dry up fairly quickly.
We could be looking at our first big surge of heat by the weekend. Early signs point toward widespread 90s.
- ► 2018 (86)
- Holiday weekend - long range into July
- Weather Alert Day - severe winds expected
- Severe chance lingers - holiday forecast update
- Stormy week - difficult forecast
- Summer storms return - 4th of July forecast
- Major heat in the South - big changes for KS
- Another chance for storms Friday
- More storms coming & what is a heat burst
- To water or to wait... that's the question
- Hello summer heat - summer storm chances this week...
- First 100 degree days looming - will it last?
- Next round of storms - heat building up
- Quiet start to June - is severe weather season ove...
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)