Welcome to Monday and what is shaping up to be another hot week in the Plains. Combines are rolling and the wheat harvest is underway, so the heat/wind combo isn't all bad news for farmers in our area.
There is a STRONG storm system churning across the west today and headed for the northern Plains tomorrow (Tuesday). There will be all kinds of severe storms today AND tomorrow from northern Nebraska through the Dakotas. Summertime severe storms usually happen northern of Kansas and that's the setup through midweek.
Meanwhile, around Kansas, we are going to see a very isolated storm chance Tuesday night (you could probably count on one hand how many storms we will have)
And then we have to keep an eye on Thursday evening/night as we could see more storms forming for central and eastern Kansas. Chances for rain increase slightly as we continue through the week, but it's not going to be the widespread rains that some of us saw back in May.
While a few severe storms may develop, most of our chances of hail and wind are fairly low this week. And coming up tomorrow, we will look for possible cool downs coming our way.
- ► 2018 (86)
- Holiday weekend - long range into July
- Weather Alert Day - severe winds expected
- Severe chance lingers - holiday forecast update
- Stormy week - difficult forecast
- Summer storms return - 4th of July forecast
- Major heat in the South - big changes for KS
- Another chance for storms Friday
- More storms coming & what is a heat burst
- To water or to wait... that's the question
- Hello summer heat - summer storm chances this week...
- First 100 degree days looming - will it last?
- Next round of storms - heat building up
- Quiet start to June - is severe weather season ove...
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)