Halfway through a busy week with some storms scattered over the Plains. This is a very active pattern right now and the chances for severe weather continue through Thursday night. Then we should catch a break.
The main focus will be in northeast Kansas through the evening hours, but overnight, a few more storms may develop and move along I-70. Some hail and wind look possible, but I don't expect that many severe storms tonight.
Thursday (Weather Alert):
We went ahead with a Weather Alert Day for Thursday evening because I expect our best chance for organized severe storms to move across central and eastern Kansas through the evening and into the night. My biggest concern is more damaging wind gusts of 60 mph, especially east of a line from Russell to Pratt.
Once the storms move through, we are headed for some slightly cooler weather for Friday and Saturday!!
4th of July Forecast Update:
Earlier this week, I hinted that we might have some storms around for the 4th. That forecast is still holding up as we see a front nearby, which may help to develop some storms. HOWEVER... latest models are showing the front just off to our southeast, so for planning purposes, I'd expect most of the rain to stretch from Oklahoma to Arkansas, on into Missouri. We will keep an eye on this, but it's looking like we might get through the day without too many storms to ruin firework displays.
- Holiday weekend - long range into July
- Weather Alert Day - severe winds expected
- Severe chance lingers - holiday forecast update
- Stormy week - difficult forecast
- Summer storms return - 4th of July forecast
- Major heat in the South - big changes for KS
- Another chance for storms Friday
- More storms coming & what is a heat burst
- To water or to wait... that's the question
- Hello summer heat - summer storm chances this week...
- First 100 degree days looming - will it last?
- Next round of storms - heat building up
- Quiet start to June - is severe weather season ove...
- ▼ June (13)
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)