Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year and A Change

Happy New Year! Have you made any resolutions? I don't really make any resolutions because they just don't last for more than a week.

I'm gearing up for the Orange Bowl this Thursday and hoping the Hawks can pull off a win in Florida. I've been watching the forecast for Miami this week and there will be some big changes in their weather. A wind chill and freeze watch is in effect for the area as temperatures drop about 30 degrees. The Hawks will be sharing some of this cold weather with the Floridians as high temperatures drop all the way down into the low 60s for highs. I don't know about you, but 60 degree weather sounds good about now (and I normally like cold, snowy weather)

I'm posting a visible satellite image from Tuesday afternoon. You can see how much of Kansas is still trying to melt off the snow from the recent storms and if you look closer, you can make out some of the area lakes and rivers across our state. Most of this will be gone by the weekend as the warmer weather returns.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO KU!

60s sound good to me too.

shelly said...

Ok, Ross, I sent a blog on Dec 27th wishing KU luck for tomorrow. I think I am still trying to get my days straight from the holidays....duh! Anyway....much luck to the Hawks (from the purple wildcat lover in Salina)

Blog History