I was thinking last night that this was our first week this spring without a red flag warning or wind advisory for any area of the state. It's been wonderful, but I'll admit, with so much humidity around, a little breeze might be nice to help stir up the air. The winds have been so light that (guys like me) can break a sweat just being in the humidity for about 10 minutes. I hope this humidity leads to more rain and it should, especially at the end of the weekend.
Good news is that if we get a few storms today (Friday), the likelihood of severe weather is very low (almost nil) but the storms that do develop could produce some very brief downpours. Because the wind in the atmosphere is so weak, they will be slow moving storms.
I do think we will have a few storms in western Kansas late Friday night and Saturday morning. That activity is also not expected to be severe and you can see where the outlook for severe storms will be Saturday afternoon (mainly Colorado up into Wyoming)
That won't be the last of the rain. More chances coming up next week to hopefully ease more of the drought.
- ► 2016 (166)
- ► 2015 (151)
- Severe chances this weekend
- Possible heavy rains soon
- Millie goes fishing; quiet for a few days
- The need continues
- Rain... finally... for some
- More chances to come
- Severe threat next few days
- Hot today; storms return tomorrow
- Summer is back
- Weekend rain chances - change next week
- Thursday/Friday rain chances
- Hopes of long range change
- Cooler than normal; mainly dry
- Sunday storm recap
- Mother's Day weekend is here
- Wednesday storm wrap - some severe today
- Will it rain??
- Hot weather and fingers crossed for rain
- Record heat - storm chances
- Millie heading for Dodge & a preview for next week...
- Finally, a break and big warmup
- ▼ May (21)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)