Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Severe storms today
Good Tuesday morning. I'll have to keep the blog entry shorter today in order to get ready for everything else later today.
There hasn't been much change in the overall thinking of what will happen this afternoon/evening. Storms could fire up in central and eastern Kansas around 3 p.m. today and they look to be fairly scattered.
The most likely time for tornadoes (if we are going to see some today) will come after 5 p.m. when the wind fields in the atmosphere get a little stronger. We do expect there to be some very large hail with stronger storms. It wouldn't be a surprise to see hail a little larger than baseball size given the setup in the atmosphere. Once the storms get going, they will move to the northeast.
After midnight, storms will gradually weaken with time and by Wednesday, much of the severe storms will be well east of Kansas.
- ► 2017 (135)
- Forecast for May... what's next?
- Next round of rain coming soon
- Severe storms today
- Start of a stormy week
- Severe weather chances ahead
- Severe weather chances increasing soon
- More stormy weather coming this way!
- Weekend storm stalls ... What's next?
- Here we go!!
- Remember this day 4 years ago?
- Look at what the models have for the weekend
- Nice weather leading up to a big storm
- Frustrating pattern... but look at this!!
- Next rain chances & potential severe weather soon
- Rain chances not far off now
- Crazy winds - stormy weather returns - long range ...
- Drought expanding - pattern shifting throughout th...
- First two storms in April - no foolin'
- ▼ April (18)
- ► 2015 (151)
- ► 2014 (170)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)