We do have a pretty good shot at getting some rain in here this coming weekend. At least one forecast model shows some areas getting close to an inch (central and east). The west should get some too, but the amounts will be lower and could be mixed with some snow. Yes... we are still using that 4 letter word. =) AND... there may still be a frost or freeze early next week (probably the morning of April 14) Look for updates tomorrow and the rest of the week. We typically think of tax day as being the frost free date, but we will be pushing it this year.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
Drought & late frost/freeze
Thanks for spending a few minutes checking out the blog this morning. The lack of rainfall so far this spring is really making everyone nervous. It's our wettest time of the year and we continue to get missed by the good, soaking rains. Take a look at the side by side comparison of the current drought with where we were at back on October 1st of last year. Most of the state now falls under "severe" drought. Even though we had above normal snowfall in most of central and eastern Kansas, the moisture content just hasn't been enough.
- ► 2015 (93)
- By now, you have probably heard about or even seen...
- Some rain (better than dust); still windy
- Sunday severe weather - windy week ahead
- Weekend severe chances
- Lots of rain for some; chances return into the wee...
- Severe threat and look who is back!!
- Happy Earth Day & Severe storms
- Sunday evening rains and severe potential this wee...
- Is it true??
- Did Millie drool & new weather graphics
- Next few rounds of rain chances
- Record lows and another chance for rain
- Cold, snow, and total lunar eclipse
- Burn Scars and weekend rains
- A cold front has now moved through Kansas and it w...
- Weekend rain chances
- Drought & late frost/freeze
- Pattern change this week
- Wall cloud and weekend rainfall
- First severe weather and weekend outlook
- Severe threat update (4-2-14)
- Storm chances return
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (18)
- ► 2011 (29)
- ► 2010 (55)
- ► 2009 (49)
- ► 2008 (92)